10–18 Tatting course Poselli, Nortamonkatu 12. Tatting is a method of producing lace with a small shuttle. The method brings unlimited chances of creating jewellery, book marks, small doilies, etc. For more information, search online: frivolite, tatting, etc. Course is for both beginners and more advanced enthusiasts. Bring your own equipment, or buy or borrow equipment from the teacher. Teacher: Risto Lindholm. Course fee 20 € is paid during the course. Enrollment starts 25.6. on opistopalvelut.fi/rauma/ or tel. 050 303 9671 (sign-ups by 13.7.). Instruction in Finnish. Organiser: Rauma Adult Education Centre.
10–18 Café of Lännen Martat Kanalinranta 3, courtyard of the city hall. Coffee, doughnuts, danishes, cakes, bread loaves. Opening hours vary.
10–20 International Grand Market Over 100 entrepreneurs from 30 countries fill the streets of the city centre in the international market. The vendors sell specialties of their own countries from all over Europe and the world. Opening hours change daily.
11–14 Traditional food by Rauman Martat Yard of the parish hall, Luostarinkatu 1. Traditional food from Rauma: lapskoussi, pankakko, topseilvellinki, malt bread. Open Mon-Fri 11-14.
11–16 Macramé jewellery Taitokeskus Rauma, Lensunkatu 4. A handicrafts workshop for adults. Material fee 7€ and up. Instruction in Finnish. Enquiries and sign-ups email@example.com
11–16 Skriivarit Raumal – demonstration of the calligraphy association Jokela, Kuninkaankatu 38, instruction from the courtyard. The experts of the calligraphy association offer an introduction to the world of beautiful letters. Open daily.
11–17 Tammela summer garden Tammela, Eteläpitkäkatu 17. Programme for both adults and children. A café. Hand-made products for sale and on display. Blacksmiths forging iron and the public can also try forging. A knife exhibition.
- Products and wool spinning demonstration of Ali-Unkki sheep farm. Some sheep have also come along
- 13 Hobby horse cavalcade and a show jumping contest Hobby horse stable Pits de Rauma organises a hobby horse cavalcade and a hobby horse show jumping contest. Gathering at 12.30 in Tammela courtyard, from where the cavalcade leaves at 13.00 towards Tekkala Park. The cavalcade welcomes friends of hobby horses of all ages, with or without a hobby horse! A show jumping contest is organised in the park at 13.30. The categories are 1. category 20 cm (3-5-year-olds), 2. category 30 cm (6-8-year-olds), 3. class 50 cm (9-13-year-olds), 4. category 60 cm (open for everybody). Take your own horse with you or borrow a hobby horse at the event. Fee 2€. Welcome to the Lace Week hobby horse event! Organised if the weather permits. Enquiries tel. +358 40 501 3116.
- 14–15.30The sled dogs of Satakunnan Noutajakoirayhdistys Association
12 Midday moment of music in the Church of the Holy Cross Luostarinkatu 1. Jouni Kukko and Olli-Jaakko Miettunen. Organiser: Parish of Rauma
12–16 Choir Häplänperän Valittajat’s cowshed Spärri courtyard, Kuninkaankatu 10. Häplänperän Valittajat is a women’s choir known for moaning and groaning about life as a woman. The choir performs along with other programme.
15–17 Afternoon at Ylen Art House Kodisjoentie 1535, Kodisjoki. The café of Kodisjoen Martat Association is open during the whole event.
- 15.00 Rauman Vaskiset The brass septet is led by conductor Jouko Kangas
- 15.30 Toivon Kerho Singing group performing summery songs
- 16.00 Värsym Baohaja Poetry reading
- 16.30 SWINGO Light and summery music
15–21 Maritime historical summer day at Fåfänga, by Kiikartorni lookout tower
- Sailings to the Bothnian Sea during the day
- Art exhibition of Inspira in Nokka art croft, Suvitie 10.
- 19 Raumanmeri summer evening by Kiikartorni lookout tower, Fåfänga. Maritime community singing with Jani and Riina Järvi, Perttu Suominen in accordion. Traditional boats introduced. Coffee in Nokka art croft. Organisers: Rauman Merihistoriallinen Seura ry, Rauma Maritime Museum, Inspira ry, Santtioseura and Raumanmeren puuveneilijät. Kiikartorni lookout tower open the whole day (tower fee).
16–20 Evening market with programme at the market place. 5 €/selling table, an extra table 3 €. Programme includes, among others:
- 16–16.45 Miss Lace candidates introduce themselves
- 17–17.30 Souce
- 17.30–18 Folk dance group Ikinuoret
- 18–19 Pläkkploosarit
20 Evening greeting The tower of the Old City Hall, Valtakatu 2. Juho Vilo, trumpet. The greeting of Rauma Brass Band Association.
Open yards in Old Rauma Old Rauma Association organises an event of open yards and flea markets during the Lace Week. Locals and tourists have an opportunity to take a look at the gardens and yards. The yards are open for visitors when there is an Old Rauma Association sign at the gate.
Lace window competition The entrepreneurs of Old Rauma have for many years honoured the theme of the week in their shop windows. The public has a possibility to vote for the best lace window of the week during the event.