Night of Black Lace 27.7.
10 Whitefish soup In front of the city hall, Valtakatu 1. The proceeds are used to stock fish. Rauman Seudun Kalastajain Seura ry.
10–20 Café of Lännen Martat Kanalinranta 3, courtyard of the city hall. Coffee, doughnuts, danishes, cakes, bread loaves. Opening hours vary.
10–22 Handicrafts market Kalatori square, Old Rauma. The traditional handicrafts market is held at Kalatori square for the 30th time this year. Organiser: Taitokeskus Rauma.
10–20 International Grand Market Over 100 entrepreneurs from 30 countries fill the streets of the city centre in the international market. The vendors sell specialties of their own countries from all over Europe and the world.
11–14 Traditional food by Rauman Martat Yard of the parish hall, Luostarinkatu 1. Traditional food from Rauma: lapskoussi, pankakko, topseilvellinki, malt bread. Open Mon-Fri 11-14.
11–16 Skriivarit Raumal – demonstration of the calligraphy association Jokela, Kuninkaankatu 38, instruction from the courtyard. The experts of the calligraphy association offer an introduction to the world of beautiful letters. Open daily.
11–17 Tammela summer garden Tammela, Eteläpitkäkatu 17. Programme for both adults and children. A café. Hand-made products for sale and on display. Blacksmiths forging iron and the public can also try forging. A knife exhibition.
- Products and wool spinning demonstration of Ali-Unkki sheep farm. Some sheep have also come along
12 Live caricatures Celebrity Gallery, by the market square, Isokirkkokatu 7. Artist Teuvo Salminen draws caricatures in front of his gallery from 12 to late in the evening.
12 Midday moment of music in the Church of the Holy Cross Luostarinkatu 1. Folk song church. Organiser: Parish of Rauma.
12–01 Dance of the Night of Black Lace courtyard of Narvi-Sähkö, Kauppakatu 5. A snack bar open during the event: refreshments, cotton candy, popcorn, etc. Organiser LC Rauma Ruori.
- 15.30–16.30 Dusters
- 17.30–19.30 Feenix
- 20–21 Beatfox
- 21.30–22.30 Finn Zeppelin
- 23–01 Grippin’ Breeze
13.30–18 Eventful afternoon Marela, Kauppakatu 24
- 13.30 Horjumattomat Harmonica group
- 14.00 The fastest lacemaker A competetition where lacemakers compete to find out who makes the most lace in 30 minutes. Anyone who knows the basics of lacemaking can attend. Sign-ups starting at 13.00.
- 15.00 Laura and Kari Songs about sea and light music in the local Rauma dialect. Vocals – Laura Suominen, accompaniment – Kari Vuorisalo.
- 15.30 Folk dance group Ikinuoret Folk dance
- 16.00 Fikuleeri Children’s folk dance performances
- 16.30 Värsym Baohaja Performance of a poetry reading group from Rauma
- 17.00 Rauman Vaskiset Brass septet led by Jouko Kangas
- 17.30 Länsirannikon pelimannit Folk and dance music from western Finland
15 Night of Black Lace dance Rauman Järjestötalo, Siikapolku 1. Dancing along Pasi Kivimäki N.Y.T., tickets 10 €, incl. coffee. Organiser Rauman seudun Tules ry.
15.30-00.30 Savilanpuisto soi! Hosted by Joel Tervonen.
- 15.30 Dance orchestra Veikko Nieminen
Classic Finnish pop music with a variety of instruments.
- 17.00 AT’s Roots & Ramblin’
The spirit R&B and rockabilly from the 1950s and 1960s. The band releases their debut single this summer.
- 18.30 Ida Paul & Kalle Lindroth
- 20.00 Samae Koskisen Korvalääke
Samae Koskinen and his live band
- 21.30 Kalevauva.fi + Jauza show
A show where the internet sensation Kalevauva.fi and party band Jauza perform their biggest hits.
- 23.00 Maija Vilkkumaa
The Finnish pop rock icon performs her biggest hits and songs from the new album.
16–20 Events at the market place on Night of Black Lace (no evening market)
- 16–16.30 Toivon kerho singing group
- 16.40–17 Winners of Mukul laola singing competition
- 17-17.15 Fikuleeri, folk dance
- 17.15–17.45 Värsym Baohaja, poetry reading
- 18–19 Troubadour Mara & Cathering
- 19.15–20 Souce
17.30–21 Fire guards walking around in Old Rauma and protecting the city from fires and lawbreakers. Nortamo-Seor Association has revived the tradition of guarding for fires at night. Fire guards were protecting the city from 1600s to late 1800s.
18.30–22 Searching for lace styles
Veera from Tyyliä Metsästämässä blog photographs lace fashion on the street. The best lace outfits will be featured on the blog and all photographed outfits will be on display through a link on the Lace Week Facebook page. The photos are on display and available for downloading (personal use only) for two weeks.
19 Jazz concert City theatre, Alfredinkatu 2. Jami Jokinen Jazz Collection offers blue atmosphere, melancholic romance and sensitive interpretations. The intimate environment of the city theatre and the immediate presence of the quartet bring a chance to dive into the depths of your heart. Jami Jokinen (voc&sax), Juha Ellmén (db), Timo Koskinen (dr) and Anders Östling (gtr). Tickets 10 €. Tickets in advance: Service Point Pyyrman, Valtakatu 2A.
20 Evening greeting The tower of the Old City Hall, Valtakatu 2. Juho Vilo, trumpet. The greeting of Rauma Brass Band Association.
Open yards in Old Rauma Old Rauma Association organises an event of open yards and flea markets during the Lace Week. Locals and tourists have an opportunity to take a look at the gardens and yards. The yards are open for visitors when there is an Old Rauma Association sign at the gate.
Lace window competition The entrepreneurs of Old Rauma have for many years honoured the theme of the week in their shop windows. The public has a possibility to vote for the best lace window of the week during the event.